Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gluten Gut

I've been very careful with gluten lately as the slightest bit seems to mess up my system.   Carefully choosing the right bbq sauce for my ribs was crucial.  I am so blessed to have a great company like Black Swamp in the area.  I discovered Black Swamp a few years back when my sister in law, Sarah picked up a jar at a local show.  Sarah, the owner of 'oh zilly me' started out her business at local craft events and I was the lucky recipient when she found a new GF product.   Black Swamp makes everything from mild to xtra hot.  blackswampgourmet.com

So why did I have gluten gut last night?  A wonderful gesture by someone special to make me a chocolate flurry backfired.  Instantly I found myself in pain.  I ran to the freezer to check out the ice cream.. no gluten here.  Hmm, the candy!  Sure enough the candy had malt.  Not only was my gut wrenching in pain now the gesture of kindness turned into guilt.  Oh the life of a gluten free woman!  Sometimes it just stinks!! (no pun intended)


No comments:

Post a Comment